Pre Treatment Instructions
We find that most patients are somewhat apprehensive concerning their upcoming surgical appointment. Nearly everyone, however, finds the experience much easier that they had imagined. We want you to know that our entire staff is committed to making your experience as easy and pleasant as possible. As with most events, some prior planning and preparation will help ensure that things go smoothly.
Please review the instructions below carefully. If you have any questions or concerns, do not hesitate to contact us.
- Please wear loose fitting and comfortable clothing. A sleeve may need to be rolled up to allow monitoring of your blood pressure.
- Contact lenses should not be worn during your surgery to prevent your eyes from drying out. Please refrain from wearing facial make-up.
- Sedated patients must have a responsible adult bring them and collect them from the office. If the driver does not wish to remain at the office during the appointment, they may leave a phone number where our office may contact them prior to the end of the appointment. Post-operative instructions will be discussed with this person at the end of your appointment.
- Try to plan no business or social activities the day and evening of the surgery. Only a light schedule is recommended for the second day following your surgery.
- Occasionally, medications will be prescribed. These will be taken prior to and/or after surgery. Please take these according to the directions on the bottle.
- Medications prescribed by your physician (i.e. for high blood pressure, etc.) should be taken at their regular time and dosage unless otherwise instructed. Please advise us of any medications you are taking.
- Aspirin-containing drugs should be discontinued for 7 days prior to surgery. ibuprofen-type (Motin/Advil) drugs should be discontinued 2-3 days prior to surgery, if possible.
- Alcoholic beverages must be avoided 12 hours prior to, and 48 hours after the procedure.
- Post-operative appointments are required to evaluate and monitor healing, and to educate you on post-operative care. The first appointment will be scheduled 1-2 weeks post-operatively and the second will be 3-4 weeks later. Please contact us if these appointments have not been made.
Please feel free to download a printable PDF of this page for your convenience
Do not hesitate to contact us if you have any questions. Remember, we are here for you!