About Dental Implants
As experienced New York & Long Island dental implant providers, the dentists of Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry recognize that tooth loss can lead to an array of devastating consequences. Patients might lose their ability to enjoy their favorite foods, to speak clearly, and to experience high levels of self-confidence. To avoid these developments, Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry offers several highly effective dental implant procedures. Read on to learn how dental implants can help you achieve a healthy mouth and an attractive smile.
To schedule your personal dental implants consultation, please call us or contact us here.
The questions are:
What can you do about it? What are your options? What if I don’t do anything?
- Dental implants are a proven solution for people in good overall oral and systemic health who have lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, trauma or injury, or any other reason.
- Dental Implants are one of the most predictable and conservative ways of replacing missing teeth with the best long term success.
- Implants are basically artificial tooth roots that are placed into the jaw bone and are used to support the teeth/crowns.
- Dental Implants look, feel and function like natural teeth and can last a lifetime if they are properly cared for.
- Dental implants are available in several different forms. The most common dental implants are called “root form implants”.
- Root form implants are similar to teeth in that they mimic roots of teeth.
The implants are placed under the skin and into the bone at the first surgical appointment. This surgical appointment is performed in the dental office under local anesthetics with or with out oral sedation. The dental implants are allowed to heal for a period of two (2) to six (6) months. After this healing time the implants are exposed at a brief second surgical appointment prior to placing a post inside. The post becomes the extension to which a crown is attached. The total process tends to take a period of four (4) to seven (7) months.
Dental implants utilize small anchors made of a biocompatible metal called titanium, which are placed in the jawbone. Titanium does not decay and does not need root canal therapy. The anchors become securely embedded in the jaw as the bone grows around them over the first few months. Abutment posts are inserted into the anchors and carefully crafted replacement teeth are permanently attached to the posts, providing the recipient with natural looking and feeling teeth.
Our team of cosmetic dentists are extremely well trained and very experienced with dental implants. We stay abreast of the very newest dental implant technologies, and no other dental center in the Long Island or Queens area of New York can surpass our expert technique.
Placed Dental Implant, and Close-up of a Dental Implant
Dental implants are a proven solution for people in good overall oral and systemic health who have lost one or more teeth due to periodontal disease, trauma or injury, or any other reason.
Dental Implants are one of the most predictable and conservative ways of replacing missing teeth with the best long term success.
In addition to performing leading-edge implants procedures, the dentists of Advanced Periodontics & Implant Dentistry also offer a range of treatments for the gums and jaw bone. If you would like to speak with an experienced periodontist in New York / New Jersey, call us today for a free consultation!